Orchestrated Tweets - Great Idea!

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:02 AM

I tested, blogged and tweeted: http://blogs.technet.com/b/charlesjoy/archive/2012/04/06/orchestrated-tweets.aspx :)

I am not sure if you are looking for "notes", but if you are, here are a few comments based on my experience so far:

1. You can disable the "Filters" tab for the individual activities (as you are not using them) - this is an activity level configuration within the OIT Code.
  2. You can hash (essentially password protect) the Token and Secret in the IP Configuration - this way people do not have to feel that their authentication data can be viewed openly by everyone in plain text.
  3. Possibly make the Monitor Activity not trigger if 0 Tweets are found - I found it more efficient to use activity level looping on the "Get Tweets" activity.
  4. Possibly add an option for polling interval (again, I worked around this by using activity level looping on the "Get Tweets" activity.
  5. Possibly add a little more detail in the documentation about how the filter works (I figured it out, but maybe a couple examples).